Saturday, December 20, 2008

I started a second blog

I started a second secret blog. I needed a place to vent about the men in my life. This is much cheaper than therapy.

My husband almost died 2 months ago. He doesn't seem to realize this. I have come to the conclusion i will be a widow by 45. The doctors have told him 40 hours a week max for now 20 from home and 20 from the office. What is he doing? 35 from the office and 15 from home. Last time I checked that did not add up to 40. I guess I should be grateful he isn't back to 60 yet. Stress caused his diverticulitis problems which caused his perforated bowel which caused him to need emergency surgery. The surgery led to time in ICU and confinement to a hospital bed. This led to a pulmonary embolismX2. He complains that he is stressed again already. Do you see the cycle here? HE had a conference call today and has another one tomorrow.

I found a deal where we could stay in Anaheim over New years and go to Disney pretty cheap. Free hotel and discount Annual passes which Disney now allows CA residents to pay for monthly thru out the year. A dream come true for me.

I wanted to leave on New Years Eve and spend 3 days in the insanity that is Disney with my family. I wanted to get Scott away from everything before he went back to offical full time Jan 5. Back to 60-70 hour work weeks, leaving at 6 in the AM and getting home at 6 PM or later.

We are not going. He has too much to do. I tried to talk to him about this but it didn't do any good. I am tempted to take the boys and go but it wouldn't be as much fun. I don't know how to make him understand life is too short.

Other execs in teh office when they go on vacation put a note on thier email saying they are gone between certain dates and will deal with things when they get back. Not my husband. He takes confernece calls in parking lots, goes back to hotel rooms to answer email etc. The company won't collapse with out him. But I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment